46th Annual Members Love Watercolor
Online Submissions start Monday, November 16th thru Nov 27th, midnight
Gold Coast Watercolor Society, a Watermedia Group meets during its active period from October to May. Meetings are held at ArtServe, 1350 East Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33304. For most of the 2020-2021 Season our meetings will be on ZOOM. Join us
Visit us at www.goldcoastwatercolorsociety.com & friend us on Facebook
Awards: Best in Show: $500 , First Place: $400, Second Place: $300,Third Place: $200
- Honorable Mention: Merchandise Award
- Judge’s Recognition: Merchandise Award
- Memorial Award: $50 (emerging artist)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this exhibit
- All current GCWS Members may enter. If your membership is not up to date, visit our website to renew now. https://www.goldcoastwatercolorsociety.com/join-gcws
- Review Prospectus before entering show at: https://www.goldcoastwatercolorsociety.com/exhibits
- Entries are limited to Water Media including any combination of watercolor, tempera, gouache, opaque watercolor, acrylic, casein, ink, charcoal, gesso, watercolor crayons, pencils and pens including metallic. One must exclude water-soluble oils as well as any other similar substance. Acceptable surfaces for watercolor are substrates created for watermedia. For example: paper, clay coated surfaces (Clayboard, Aquaboard, Ampersand), synthetic surfaces, (Yupo, Tiger Rag), illustration board and flat watercolor canvas. Watercolor Collage is acceptable, but newspaper, magazine or non-watercolor material cutouts will not be accepted.
- NOTE: I certify that this work is an original, not a copy of another artist’s work or a copy of any photograph not taken by me and this work has not been in any previous GCWS judged/juried Show. Work must be done by a single artist not a collaborative work and must have been completed within the last three years. Work that was done in a workshop is allowed to be entered provided that the work is based on the artists own original image and the instructor did not critique the work or otherwise suggest any changes to the painting.
- Tasteful nudes are allowed
- Entry and Fees Artists may enter one or two paintings. A non-refundable fee of $30 paid here for GCWS members. No changes can be made after entry is received. No refunds will be made. BE SURE YOU ENTER ALL YOUR PIECES AT SAME TIME. GCWS is entitled to a 10% donation on the sale of all artwork during the exhibition.
Conditions and liabilities: The submission of entries to this competition shall constitute an agreement on the part of the artist to the terms and conditions as set forth in this prospectus. The Gold Coast Watercolor Society reserves the right to use photographs for publicity and promotion.
Judge- David Becker
- Gold Coast Watercolor Society